Thanks, but this was really unnecessary since a more updated version of the
patch is
on the sage-combinat queue (where it is under development) and that one needs
to be
updated (not the one on trac).

Best regards,

Anne

On 7/16/12 10:33 AM, Volker Braun wrote:
> I've rebased http://trac.sagemath.org/5457 on top of the deprecation change
> and it was a very easy change.
>

> On Monday, July 16, 2012 12:53:52 PM UTC-4, Anne Schilling wrote:
>
>     Dear Volker,
>
>     The ticket http://trac.sagemath.org/5457 uses many deprecation warnings.
>     I tried to make your change last week, but then it breaks the entire
> sage-combinat
>     queue.
>
>     Dear Sage-combinat developers,
>
>     Would it be ok to move to sage-5.2.rc0 and have the queue apply there to
> avoid the
>     conflicts?
>
>     Best,
>
>     Anne
>
>     On 7/16/12 9:49 AM, Volker Braun wrote:
>     > The change in the deprecation framework (http://trac.sagemath.org/10508
> <http://trac.sagemath.org/10508>) has been merged into sage-5.2.rc0. This is
> likely to break any patches that are using
>     deprecations. I can assure you that all
>     > jokes about deprecating the deprecations have already been made.
>     >
>     > What needs to be done is switch this:
>     >
>     >   from sage.misc.misc import deprecation
>     >   deprecation('description', 'Sage version X')
>     >
>     >
>     >   from sage.misc.superseded import deprecation
>     >   deprecation(ticket_number, 'description')
>     >
>     > where ticket_number is an integer, the trac ticket number. If you have
> any questions, I'd be happy to help.
>
> --

Anne Schilling              E-mail: a...@math.ucdavis.edu
Professor                   Web:    http://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~anne
Department of Mathematics   Office: MSB 3222
University of California    Phone:  (530) 554 2326
One Shields Ave             Fax:    (530) 752 6635
Davis, CA 95616