Hi Franco!

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 02:51:16PM -0400, Franco Saliola wrote:
> What about just "dual"? By default, it would compute the dual with
> respect to the category to which it belongs, and we can allow
> customization like so:
>
>     sage: H.dual(category=VectorSpaces(QQ))
>     ... a vector space ...

Coming a bit late in the discussion, but I vote +1 on this. That's
what we had in MuPAD-Combinat (without the category argument).

There is one glitch though, which bothered us too in
MuPAD-Combinat. In the case of NCSF/QSym, it's not exactly the dual
that we are constructing, but the graded dual. We did not bother
finding a solution in MuPAD-Combinat because we were only considering
graded duals. But eventually, we will want to also manipulate the full
dual, i.e. infinite series.

So should this be called graded_dual? Should this react depending on
whether we pass a category which is graded or not (a priori, it does
not feel right to me, but ...)?

Of course, the same glitch occurs for the "dual" functorial
construction (which is basically empty yet).