Hi,

I fixed combinat.  It had not crashed, but something was amis with the
networking.      I restarted the network interface, and most things worked,
but I couldn't get /home to properly remount over NFS.  So I applied a
bunch of OS updates, many involving networking, rebooted (for the first
time in 2 months), and now everything seems fine.   This may have been a
networking-related bug in Ubuntu 12.04.1LTS.  With luck it is fixed by this
new upgrade.

There were no processes running on combinat at the time, so the reboot
should have been minimally invasive.

William

--
William Stein