Travis Scrimshaw <tsc...@ucdavis.edu> writes:

> Martin,
>    You mentioned that you had code for variants of RSK, could you
>    repost/reference that?

I have no time until next week for cleaning but it's a start.

The domino insertion is currently only there as code for fricas (done by
a student, not myself).  The algorithm appears in a paper by Thomas Lam.

The main routines are grow and shrink.  Grow takes a filling (eg. a
matrix with entries in N, but you can take any Ferrers shape) and a rule
and yields the partitions.

Note however that this is not a very fast way to do the four variants of
RSK, rather it is Fomin's growth diagrams in almost full generality.  To
get these, you have to do

m = grow(filling, Partition([]), Robinson_Schensted_Knuth_forward)

and then read the partitions along the top row to get the Q-symbol, and
along the right column to get the P-symbol.

shrink produces the filling given the borders.

I am also not claiming that the data structures are perfect.

I just notice that I only implemented rules for RSK and Burge.  However,
to get the other two is very easy, they are spelled out in Christian
Krattenthaler's paper.

Best,

Martin