On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 08:00:57PM -0800, Andrew Mathas wrote:
>    Thanks Nicolas. I appreciate your efforts in putting the category
>    framework in place! It's beginning to grow on me:)

:-)

>    Depending how far my explorations go I may end up adding some of
>    the missing pieces...

You would be very welcome! One step that needs to be done at some
point, and that is fairly independent from the category framework
would be to implement:

- Matrices with rows and columns indexed by whatever objects

- Morphisms between two finite dimensional free modules G and H (using the
above)
  with arithmetic, ...

  I.e. the analogue of sage.modules.matrix_morphism.MatrixMorphism.

- A parent for those.

  I.e the analogue of sage.modules.free_module_homspace.HomSpace

What would be missing would be the shortcuts so that we could just do
Hom(G,H), as well as generic methods that could be shared between.