Hi Travis and Nicolas,

Thanks for your replies. I was hoping for something less drastic as
whatever I have done affects all of the installations of sage that I have.
Still, this seems to work:)

By reinstalling I have fixed the problem, feel please free to ignore this
but I am still curious as to what I did...

I suspect that during the hg tutorial last week I somehow told hg to look
for local repositories rather that at
http://combinat.sagemath.org/patches/  . Trying ``hg verify``  prints out a
long list of damaged files, each with "missing revlog!", and it reports
that all of the changesets are corrupt. In contrast, running ``hg verify``
on the patch repository gives a much smaller numbers of errors:
checking changesets
checking manifests
crosschecking files in changesets and manifests
checking files
 disjoint_sets_sl.patch@244: empty or missing copy source revlog
xavier_conjecture_sl.patch:000000000000
 ncsf-nt.patch@183: empty or missing copy source revlog
ncsf.patch:000000000000
 partitions2_jb.patch@49: empty or missing copy source revlog
partitions2.patch:000000000000
 root_systems_lattices.patch@20: empty or missing copy source revlog
root_systems_lattices:000000000000
2221 files, 8077 changesets, 11459 total revisions
4 integrity errors encountered!
(first damaged changeset appears to be 20)

Cheers,

Andrew