Hi there,

> >     On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 05:20:20AM -0800, Travis Scrimshaw wrote:
> >     >       I have (a few) patches which modifies the documentation, so I
> > need to
> >     >    add ticket #6495 to the combinat queue. This will likely break a
> > fair
> >     >    number of patches and you *will* need to download the spkg
> >     >    at
> > http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/palmieri/SPKG/sphinx-1.1.2.p2.spkg
> > <http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/palmieri/SPKG/sphinx-1.1.2.p2.spkg>.
> >
> >     Just a quick note: the spkg is only needed for compiling the
> >     documentation. On the bright side, you will get parallel compilation
> >     of the documentation! Finally!

More precisely, the new spkg in only needed here if you run sphinx for the
first time (during the first run of sphinx it pickle Python's grammar leading
to some race condition if it is done in parallel). So if you already compiled
the doc (for example during Sage installation) and apply the new patch then
you don't need the spkg. So I think no one will actually need it except for
installing a brand new Sage.

When I worked on this one, I did it in a different branch. I therefore didn't
anticipate that It will induce a huge rebasing of the queue. I'm sorry for
that though I don't really thing of a better solution than rebasing. I
nevertheless thing that it was indeed a needed feature.

Now while we are at rebasing, the subdoc combinat is by far the biggest
one. So if we can break it further it will speedup the whole doc
compilation. I think we should do it right now otherwise there will be another
big rebasing. Does anyone have some suggestion on how to break the doc in
smaller doc ? Should we have subdocs for subdirectories (eg: posets, crystals,
root systems) ?

cheers,

Florent