Helloooooooooooooo !!!

> I think its unambiguous to define the orbit of x recursively as
> 1. use the action on domain elements if x is a domain element
> 2. otherwise, assume that the x is a list/set/... of domain elements

Well. It is when you know what you are doing and work on a spcific group.

When you write a Sage method, though, it is embarassing if you do not know
wheter the orbit of a pair of elements is a set of element (input
considered as element) or a set of pairs of elements (input considered as a
se of elements).

Really there is no problem with this patch except that Dima does not like
that the elements of a group could be things like 1,2,{1,2}, which makes
{1,2} ambiguous (element? set of two elements?) ... What we did before is
guess the type of INPUT according to a keyword named "action" (that we need
anyway, if only to differentiate between OnTuples and OnSets) and
everything works fine....

Nathann