> as I explained, the code you don't like there (cause it does not work on
> insane inputs) would work fine on sane inputs. And the uglier code you
> prefer would break things on insane inputs, too, although at some other
> point, e.g. at the one I outlined above in this thread.

It does not break things on insane input -- let's decide where we discuss
this, I just answered that on the ticket -- for you are (from Sage's point
of view) perfectly aware of what you are doing when you intersect :
- The orbit of a vertex which you obtained by doing g.action( x, action =
"OnPoints" )
- The orbit of an edge which you obtained by doing g.action( (x,y), action
= "OnSets")

Hence you KNOW that you are intersecting things of different types. We
might as well say that the output of g.action( x, action = "OnPoints" ) is
of type "OrbitOfPoint" and g.action( (x,y), action = "OnSets") of type
"OrbitOfSet". You actually know this information because you filled the
"action" argument yourself. You can infer the type of what is being
returned just from the value of "action".

Nathann