'Allo!

On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:34:32 PM UTC+3, Volker Braun wrote:

> The group action framework is just the implementation, you still haven't
> answered the question that this thread was about: Should permutation
> actions on nested containers automatically discover one possible action or
> not. As you said, in the group action framework you can implement either
> possibility. You can also implement either if you don't use it.

Yeah, I was thinking that because of the ambiguity that was being discussed
in dealing with the nested actions, the best approach would be to provide a
simple framework for specifying actions, and easy-to-access examples of
That Sort of Thing, for people interested in using it, rather than putting
in an implementation which half of users will think is mussed up.

I'll be at the Sage-Combinat days in June; helping to build out the action
code that others have already started developing sounds like a great way to
spend at least a chunk of that week.