On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 01:14:09AM -0700, Travis Scrimshaw wrote:
>    On Nicolas' second point, don't we want Tableau to inherit from
>    SkewTableau

I am not sure: at least not if the internal data structures are not
the same, which is probably what we want. On the other hand, on the
abstract class level, the answer is probably yes.

>    (and likewise for the parents)?

Yes. Just being a bit careful that we conform to the ``isA`` paradigm:
the class of ``Tableaux()`` should not inherit from that of
``SkewTableaux()``: the unique set of all tableaux is not the unique
set of all skew tableaux. Oh the other hand, the class of
``StandardTableaux(shape)`` could well inherit from that of
``StandardSkewTableaux(outer_shape, inner_shape)``: a set of all
standard tableaux of a given shape is indeed a special case of a set
of all standard tableaux of a given outer shape and inner shape.