Hi!

At #12630, quiver representations and quiver algebras have been
introduced. Originally it was for acyclic quivers only, but by
work done at Sage Days in Orsay, everything that can work for
general quivers does work for general quivers.

Or rather "did" work...

Namely, #14806 has introduced immutable (di)graphs, and it introduced
another argument to DiGraph.__init__, called data_structure, and thus
when we call DiGraph.__init__ in sage.quivers.quiver.Quiver (introduced
in #12630) things now go wrong.

The reason for introducing sage.quivers.quiver.Quiver originally was
to provide immutable digraphs, that can be used as cache key, so that
quiver algebras and quiver representations and the "free small
category" can use UniqueRepresentation.

And now I wonder how to proceed: Shall we drop
sage.quivers.quiver.Quiver, and move its functionaliy to
sage.graphs.digraph.DiGraph instead? Of course, if one had an
*immutable* digraph, constructing the quiver algebra would be
refused (since one couldn't use the digraph as cache key).

Pro: sage.quivers.quiver.Quiver is actually an ugly hack (it
simply overloads some methods that would mutate the underlying
digraph). So, using the new immutable digraphs (thanks to Nathan) would
be much nicer.

Con: I recall that some people said that graphs already have far too
many methods. So, it would somehow make sense to move new methods to a
new *subclass* of DiGraph.

What would you recommend? Simply cope with the change in
DiGraph.__init__ and preserve sage.quivers.quiver.Quiver? Or move the
content of sage.quivers.quiver.Quiver to DiGraph?

Best regards,
Simon