Thanks Mike.  I posted the full test.c example on the ticket.  I was
struggling for a while trying to write something similar.

I sent a message to symmetrica(at)symmetrica.de.  Hopefully I will get a
response at some point.  I don't think that my C is good enough to debug
that library.  I wrote a few test programs to see if I could trigger the
error and everything that I wrote seemed to calculate correctly (except for
the calculation of p_{1^36}).

-Mike