I am not sure, but I believe that this was probably changed in #14140
when SetPartition was changed from a CombinatorialClass to a
ClonableArray.  It doesn't look like it changed in #15143 but additional
changes to the SetPartition class were made there.

It seems like the easiest fix would to write something like
a method `to_set_of_sets` or add directly the `intersection` method
in the element methods for SetPartition.  Both might be useful
for other users.

-Mike