Hey,

On Monday, October 28, 2013 7:17:50 PM UTC-7, Mike Zabrocki wrote:

> I am not sure, but I believe that this was probably changed in #14140
> when SetPartition was changed from a CombinatorialClass to a
> ClonableArray.  It doesn't look like it changed in #15143 but additional
> changes to the SetPartition class were made there.
>
>    There is no fundamental data structure difference between
CombinatorialClass, ClonableArray, and a python list, so nothing was really
changed from that perspective. Internally it is stored as a list of Sage
`Set`s, so one can call Set(list(elt)) to get the desired outcome. If it
worked before, it would be because it wasn't creating honest elements as I
believe it should. I think it's a shortcoming of Set (and the underlying
problem) that doesn't change an iterable element object into a Set. I want
to note that python's `set` works:

sage: set(S[0])
set([{1, 2}, {3, 4}])

Best,