Hi,

As there would be a lot of Gray code, it makes sense to have a
dedicated sage/combinat/gray_codes/. I would be happy to see Gray
codes as I do have one project related to it [1]. Sympy gray codes are
implemented in pure Python and only concern subsets. It would be nice
in Sage to not use GrayCode only for subsets !!

Best
Vincent

[1]  http://ask.sagemath.org/question/232/iterator-for-conjugacy-classes-of-sn