On Tuesday, December 24, 2013 6:22:27 AM UTC-5, Nathann Cohen wrote:

> Hellooooooo everybody !!!
>
> I send this email because I want to add new stuff to our combinat/designs/
> folder, and I really need some help to review patches. These are
> constructions of combinatorial designs, i.e. SOoooooo very sexy set systems.

I'm starting to get interested research-wise in this stuff.
When trac was reasonably fast, I looked them over and the
formatting/documentation looked fine.
It seemed like Dima has looked at them as well?
Now trac is so slow, and since the review system has changed from hg to git,
I'd have to look up how to apply patches and test.

I have code code of my own testing+constructing weighted PDSs (essentially
association schemes).
It would be cool if Sage had Schur rings associated to association schemes.
Every time
I have to deal with them, I have to construct them by hand...

> I don't think such code is available anywhere else. Those constructions
> exist on paper but I don't think anybody implemented them, and it's a pity
> for two reasons :
>
> 1) The constructions can be pretty tricky, but checking that they work on
> a computer is very easy (and my code does it always, so no wrong result can
> ever be returned, no fear of that)

Nice idea, Nathann!