Nicolas,

A problem I have repeatly run into, is how to properly initialize
subclasses, especially when I want the subclass instance
to "be" a superclass instance but with extra methods and attributes.
One is taught to invoke the __init__ of the superclass from the
__init__ of the subclass..  But sometimes I don't see how to do this.

For example, group algebras are created by G.algebra(K).
How would I define and initialize a subclass of, say, group algebras of Weyl
groups,
which has some extra methods?  I can't see any __init__
to call for group algebras, during the __init__ of my subclass.

I suppose a custom category could be used to solve this problem
dynamically but this still requires communicating the category
information to the superclass's __init__ or somesuch.

--Mark