Hi Christian,

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 09:08:14AM +0200, Christian Stump wrote:
> Let me add that I was thinking of opening a ticket to remove
> combinatorial maps from Sage again (in the medium time future) simply
> because the negative comments about it were louder (and I am currently
> not in the position to be able to spend much time on stuff I don't
> need for my research).

I also won't spend time on arguing about this. Let me just recall my
personal position, for whatever it's worth.

I like having such semantic information in the code, and I am fine
with having it even if we don't yet have a strong use case within
Sage. The only prerequisites are:

- Not having an impact on performance (IIRC that's the case with
  combinatorial maps)

- Not adding functions in the code unless they are actually useful in
  Sage and have a clear mathematical meaning.

> So if you have some use cases for combinatorial maps, please write
> about it so such cases are also visible.

+1

By the way: I second being able to programmatically search for
combinatorial statistics, be it through a remote call to findstat.org,
or by running locally a findstat search engine.