> So if you have some use cases for combinatorial maps, please write about
> it so such cases are also visible.

One use case for statistics which comes to my mind immediately is to
provide answers to

http://mathoverflow.net/questions/101265/a-list-of-symmetric-statistics/101670#101670

although I have to admit that a) I asked the question myself and b) I did
not give any "deep" reason to ask the question.

Another use case (again for statistics) is that from time to time I
encounter a set of families of objects (eg 0-1 fiillings of Ferrers
diagrams of a given shape) with a natural statistic (eg. length of longest
north-east chain) and then I'd like to run a brute force search whether I
can find a "well-known" statistic equidistributed with my statistic when
restricting to some family (eg., a particular shape).

Besides: is it possible to run a "more exhaustive" FindStat search?  If I
understand correctly, FindStat limits itself to 3 maps, right?

Best,

Martin