Hey Andrew,

I want this functionality too. I tried adding:

> __metaclass__ = ClasscallMetaclass
>
> but this produces the error:
>
> TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
>     metaclass conflict: the metaclass of a derived class must be a (non-
> strict) subclass of the metaclasses of all its bases
>
> I found that using
> __metaclass__ = InheritComparisonClasscallMetaclass
>
> works, although I am not yet sure if I need rich comparison.
>
> Anyway, apart from this minor quibble about meta classes it seems to be
> working for now.
>
> Recent changes (IIRC thanks to Jeroen) have made it so that comparisons
can use the coercion framework if they define a _cmp_, which is done in
Element. Then, in order to have cython classes (e.g., the Clonable*
classes) inherit this feature, a new metaclass was needed. See
http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/18329.

Best,
Travis