Hi Nicolas,

Travis has already answered Q1. I was going to say Yes because; if it holds
in one basis then it holds in all bases (which I suspect you had in mind
when you formulated the question); then it holds in the canonical basis in
the strong sense that applying a lowering operator gives 0 or another basis
element.

If I understand you correctly, you are studying the coordinate ring on n x
r matrices. If so, then you may want to use the basis of bideterminants.

Invariant theory, Young bitableaux and combinatorics Advances in Math. (27)
1978

Best,
Bruce