Boothby what you looked up does not seem to be the same as Microsoft
Permissive License

---
(Ms-PL) - The Ms-PL is the least restrictive of the Microsoft source
code licenses. It allows licensees to view, modify, and redistribute
the source code for either commercial or non-commercial purposes.
Under the Ms-PL, licensees may change the source code and share it
with others. Licensees may also charge a licensing fee for their
modified work if they so wish. Microsoft uses this license most
commonly for its developer tools, applications, and components.
---
MICROSOFT SHARED SOURCE CLI, C#, AND JSCRIPT LICENSE

This License governs use of the accompanying Software, and your use of
the Software constitutes acceptance of this license.

You may use this Software for any non-commercial purpose, subject to
the restrictions in this license. Some purposes which can be
non-commercial are teaching, academic research, and personal
experimentation. You may also distribute this Software with books or
other teaching materials, or publish the Software on websites, that
are intended to teach the use of the Software.