Hi there,
I've noticed 2 problems with tne notebook:
-- When running sage in notebook mode from a directory other than
SAGE_ROOT (btw, I'm glad I can finally do this), SAGE reads/writes my
worksheets in $CURR_DIR/sage_notebook.
For example, iI'm running SAGE from:
{{{
/home/dfdeshom/custom/sage/devel/sage-main
}}}

Running sage in notebook mode, I read this on top of the page:
{{{
SAGE Notebook running from /home/dfdeshom/custom/sage/devel/sage-main/
sage_notebook.
}}}
And in fact, a directory is created and my worksheet is there. Is
there any way to prevent this? Maybe there should be a NOTEBOOK_DIR
variable set so that every worksheet created is forced to live in
SAGE_ROOT/sage_notebook?

-- When running SAGE from $SAGE_ROOT, every time I create a new
worksheet, it is created in "GAP mode" (a new feature in 2.4.2, I
think). This does not happen when I run it from a non-standard
directory. How do I get out of this mode?

On a related note, how is GAP mode implemented in the notebook? I've
been dreaming of writing Maple programs via the notebook since Maple's
own worksheet mode gets in my way (es)

didier