A couple more comments:

1) Could you make the job_id column entries links to the specific
job? It is a lot easier to click on it than to copy paste it into the
box.

2) Could you make the default refresh time to be like 10 seconds or
so?  5 seconds feels to short and was disconcerting since it jumped
around so much.

On Apr 25, 2007, at 1:28 PM, alex clemesha wrote:

> Hi all,
> I've been working on making a web interface to dsage, check it out:
> http://sage.math.washington.edu:8888/
> made with Twisted, MochiKit and sqlite.
>
> Couple of notes:
> This is an Ajax app, I've only viewed it in Firefox, but I will
> support
> FF, IE6 and IE7, Safari, Opera (via the excellent js library MochiKit,
> http://mochikit.com)
>
> 'SELECT STATUS OF TYPE' is not turned on yet, would that be a good
> addition?
> there could be efficiency issues with very large dynamically
> changing stats
> in browsers,
> right now the view is basically:
> jobs_you_are_seeing = [random.choice(query_result) for _ in range(20)]
>
> One feature I will be putting in is a 'user console' to manage one's
> personal
> jobs, (ie, view stats, starting, stopping, uploading new jobs).
> I have code that will enable this feature to be *SSL and
> cookie-based-session enabled*
>
> Other thoughts? Other stat views? Feature requests, styling issues?
> This
> code is alpha-ish, so be nice ;)
>
> Now start some jobs on sage.math and view their status!
>
> -Alex
>

> p.s.
> This server was started running this command in the dir
> /home/agc/dsage_stats on sage.math:
>
> $ sage td.py -oy dsage_stats_server.tac
>
> to kill the server started in this way type (in the same dir):
>
> $ kill -9 `cat twistd.pid`

Cheers,
Yi

--