On Apr 25, 2007, at 18:18 , Yi Qiang wrote:

> On Apr 25, 2007, at 4:49 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:
>

>> On Apr 25, 2007, at 13:28 , alex clemesha wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> I've been working on making a web interface to dsage, check it out:
>>> http://sage.math.washington.edu:8888/
>>> made with Twisted, MochiKit and sqlite.
>>
>> Really nice!
>>
>> I like the fact that you can see the code that's behind the job.
>>
>> Having said that, might it be a good idea to allow 'locking' of this
>> feature (perhaps with password protection)?  I can foresee situations
>> in which this would be useful.
> I think a easy solution would be to be able to have 'private' jobs.
> I.E. the job_id column would just show 'PRIVATE'.  If you knew the
> job id you can just put it into the the search box alex already
> made.  That was the reason job ids were random  to begin with anyways.
>
> What do you think of this solution?

At first glance, it seems like a good idea.  I really don't know how
important it is to have 'private' jobs, though.  If it is *really*
important, then having *really* random job IDs would be equally
important :-}.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income