Robert Bradshaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Jun 5, 2007, at 10:01 PM, Nick Alexander wrote:
>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>>
>>> Yikes, that sounds like a bug.  FWIW, I think it's a good policy
>>> to never touch the main branch.  When I want to test a patch, I
>>> make a new branch from the clean one, and apply the patch (or set
>>> of patches) there.
>>
>> I'd love to do that, but sage -branch takes upwards of 20 minutes on
>> my machine.  Any ideas why that is true?
>>
>> Nick
>
> No idea, but you can do
>
> cp -R sage-main sage-new-branch
> sage -b new-branch
>
> and it should work just fine too.

I was doing this for a while, but it's slow too.  I don't have a lot
of hard disk space, so my wild guess is that it's thrashing around for
blocks and inodes more than it would with a clean disk.

Anyway, this thread is officially dead.  If you have any suggestions,
please contact me off list.

Thanks!
Nick