On Jul 23, 2007, at 10:57 PM, William Stein wrote:

> On 7/23/07, Justin C. Walker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Tried this on both the PowerMac (2x2.7GHz G5) and MacBook Pro (2.33
>> Mhz Intel Core 2 Duo).  SAGE built without an apparent problem on
>> both systems.
>
> Excellent.  This is great news.  I also posted a slightly newer
> alpha5 tarball
> tonight here http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/was/sage2.7.1/,

I grabbed the alpha6 tarball.  It installed and built without problem
on both the G5 and Core 2 Duo systems.  I just started testing on the
G5, but on the Core 2 Duo:

The following tests failed:

         sage -t  groups/perm_gps/permgroup_named.py
         sage -t  matrix/matrix2.pyx
         sage -t  rings/infinity.py
         sage -t  schemes/hyperelliptic_curves/jacobian_generic.py
         sage -t  schemes/hyperelliptic_curves/jacobian_homset.py

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large