> I don't know why I haven't seen this before:
>
> hg_sage.inspect("...", options="-p")
>
> where ... can be the path / url of a patch / bundle / repository.  It would
> seem that if there's a mercurial widget for trac, this feature may be added
> rather easily (if nonexistant).

All inspect does is list the first line of the checkin comments on what's in
the bundle.  It doesn't actually tell you anything nontrivial about what the
bundles actually contain.  It's basically just the changelog.

> I'm assuming you looked at
> http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracMercurial
> It was posted a day or so ago to sage-devel.  It seems to claim to do
> what we want as far as viewing diffs.

I read through that page and I couldn't find anything there that said
it did at all what we want.  Maybe I'm just missing the point.  My impression
is that it's mainly a browser for a mercurial repository, sort of like
hg_sage.browse(), but built into trac.   I didn't see anything on the above
page that says it alloys one to view hg bundles that anybody uploads.
I would, of course, be thrilled if that were the case.

Keep in mind, by the way, that people upload bundles for many different
repositories, e.g., sage library, documentation, extcode, scripts, etc., so
whatever is able to show the diff content in an hg bundle might have
to understand this.

> Was there some reason
> it didn't work?

They do claim that it is *very* slow in some cases, taking "7 minutes" to
do some basic operation or something: "(e.g. the kernel changeset
fc66195f585a took 7 minutes to be displayed on my machine)."