On 9/21/07, David Joyner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 9/21/07, William Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 9/21/07, Jason Grout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I changed some of the documentation in graphs/graph.py (formatted it
> > > using Latex).  How do I build a new manual to see my changes?
> >
> > cd SAGE_ROOT/devel/doc/ref
> > ./build_pdf
> >
> > That will create ref.pdf, which you can view.  This *requires* that you
> > have latex2html correctly installed, which -- due to its screwy
> > license -- often isn't installed on machines by default.
>

> Would this method also work for docstrings files which are not included in the
> reference manual? (Ie, for newly created *.py files.)

No, this will certainly not work for such docstrings -- I would like
something that does.   This should be put into a trac ticket.

By the way, you *can* simply add the new file by
making an empty file with the right now (but replace _ by -).
Then include it in ref.tex.

There is actually now a massive amount of code that has
lots of documentation but isn't in the reference manual.
This needs to change.  Of course, then the reference manual
will go from 2,200 pages to 4,000 pages...

William

--
William Stein
Associate Professor of Mathematics