On 9/23/07, David Joyner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> GAP is GPLv2. I will ask gap-dev about changing that to "GPLv2 or
> later (at your preference)" .

Fortunately this might not be necessary anymore.  See below.

I searched through the Gap distribution, and as far as I can tell
the only mention of the GPL anywhere in the entire thing is that
they include the file etc/GPL, which is a copy of the GPL license
(version 2).   No source files say anything about the GPL, nor
does the readme or anything else.

The GAP website (http://www.gap-system.org/Download/copyright.html)
specifically says: "GAP is free software; you can redistribute it
and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version."    Thus it looks like
GAP is GPL v>=2 already.

 -- William