On 10/10/07, John Voight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Anyone get DSage to work under Windows/VMware?
>
> I'm able to get workers (under Windows) to connect to sage.math when I
> run the client/server there, so that works.  But repeating the same
> client/server steps on a Windows machine has yielded nothing.  Just
> wondered if anyone has tried this--or maybe you all live in a happy
> world where you're not surrounded by Windows machines...

I don't even understand what you're asking.  Do want the dsage *server*
to run under windows, in addition to the workers?  This would probably
require changing the VMware machine to use shared networking instead
of NAT.   You'll also have to possibly do all kinds of things to get around
Windows firewalling, anti-virus programs, etc.

But why do this?  What's wrong with just running the server
under UNIX and the clients under Windows?   It's probably more secure,
etc.

By the way, I think dsage has tremendous potential, but is ill-documented
and rough around the edges, so you should report all issues you have,
ask questions, etc.

Here is something Yi just wrote that might be helpful for your question:

   http://sage.math.washington.edu/tmp/dsage.html

 ---William