On 10/12/07, John Voight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Yi,
>
> It's definitely a start.  I absolutely need Cython compatibility--the
> whole reason I'm using SAGE is the ease at which I can write optimized
> code.

Very interesting :-)

> Should we make this a trac ticket?  Why can't the dsage worker just
> execute a load command?

Because the workers don't run Ipython, etc. They are just running pure
python after all preparsing, etc.

However, don't worry, you can easily just embed/inline cython code
in a .sage file as illustrated below, so the fact that loading .sage
files works is enough. E.g.,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/tmp$ more foo.sage
cython("""
def foo(x,y):
    return x*y
""")

print foo(2,3)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/tmp$

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/tmp$ sage
| SAGE Version 2.8.6, Release Date: 2007-10-06                       |
| Type notebook() for the GUI, and license() for information.        |