On 10/27/07, Michael.Abshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> 1. fortran compilers: did you want to switch to gfortran?

Yes I "want to", but we better be careful until gfortran becomes
ubiquitous, i.e., its in XCode on OS X and standard on Linux box.
I.e., we should use g95 now, then switch to gfortran in a year
or two.  Users must always have the *option* to use gfortran instead
of g95 very easily though, since some people consider the prebuilt
g95 binary (or any binary for that matter) a huge evil security risk.

> >> 2. atlas: should this be part of the sage build

Yes, definitely.  Though I think switching to include atlas by
default will have to involve "some careful thought".