On Dec 2, 2:11 am, "Justin C. Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2007, at 15:58 , mabshoff wrote:
>
> > On Dec 2, 12:52 am, "Justin C. Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> On Dec 1, 2007, at 12:04 , mabshoff wrote:
> [snip]
> >> Built on Mac OS X, 10.4.11 (Dual Xeon, -j6) and 10.5.1 (Core Duo, -
> >> j2).  Here are the tails of the logs (AKA the bottom line(s) :-}):
>
> > Thank you, grand old Unix wizard ;)
>
> Whaddya mean 'old'?  :-}

How about we settle on "revered elder Unix Wizard" - that is certainly
true in relative terms ;)

> >> BTW, the crash reporting in 10.5 seems "improved", and I have a boat-
> >> load of mwrank crashes and one genus2reduction crash recorded.  The
> >> test log seems blithely unconcerned.  I assume it's expected, but I
> >> thought I'd mention it.
>
> > I have made similar experiences, i.e. that doctest failures do not
> > necessarily mean that the doctest is reported failing. Could you cut
> > the relevant bits out of the logs and post them or if it is very long
> > link it somewhere. Opening a ticket is also a good idea. Am I correct
> > that this is a 10.5 problem only?
>
> Turns out there are no relevant bits.  The logs (both 10.4 and 10.5)
> are clean.  Could be the crashes are "tests working correctly"?

Nope. I just got the logs from William from a 10.5.1 box and those are
clean. So maybe you get a rogue gmp or other library pulled in
(again)?

> I'll poke around to see if I can find anything remotely resembling
> light...

Alpha2 should happen fairly soon - I am waiting on some patch reviews,
so there is your next chance to break stuff.

> Justin

Cheers,

Michael