I have been experimenting with techniques for allowing Java applets to
communicate with the SAGE server and the technique I like the best so
far is to use JSON objects (http://json.org).  I am currently using
simpleJSON (http://undefined.org/python/#simplejson) on the SAGE
server and I have it successfully communicating with an applet.

What I like about JSON is that it is a language-neutral way to send
data through a network that does not have as high an overhead as XML.
Also, most popular computer languages have at least one open source
JSON implementation available which makes the creation of SAGE clients
in these languages fairly easy.

If further testing is successful, I would like to have simpleJSON
included in SAGE.  What procedure do I need to follow in order to make
an official software addition request?

Thanks,

Ted