Hello folks,

and a new merge cycle has been opened. Every time I finish one they
pull me back in again ;)

Anyways, tarball is in

http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/mabshoff/release-cycles-2.10/

Inside that directory you see another directory alpha0 which contains
all updated spkgs as well as all patches. So that way you can keep an
eye on development and just grab patches and spkgs as they get merged.
Once I start alpha1 expect that directory to appear there, too.

As usual I will ask people to do reviews and fix open bugs. Come on
over to the tracker and do your best. alpha0 was mostly about mem leak
fixes, I did discover a whole bunch of new ones when I did an audit
with the help of valgrind of 2.9.3 and with the help of various people
(see below) we fixed a whole bunch of them. We are getting to the
point where the number of known leaks is going toward zero, the main
culprit at the moment is Givaro.

As usual let us know about any issue you encounter. I am catching some
sleep now - see you in the morning.

Cheers,

Michael

Merged in alpha0:

#1092: Willem Jan Palenstijn, Michael Abshoff: small memleaks exposed
       by ntl_ZZ_pE
#1093: Michael Abshoff, Willem Jan Palenstijn: small memleaks exposed
       by ntl_ZZ_pX.py
#1541: Burcin Erocal: improve PolyBoRi integration
#1544: David Joyner, Rich Morin: SAGE Tutorial nits #2
#1553: Kiran Kedlaya, Michael Abshoff: SCons related build failure
       of PolyBoRi on 64-bit RHEL5
#1598: Martin Albrecht: fix SIGSEGV in libSINGULAR interface on
       Solaris
#1694: Michael Abshoff, Bill Hart: Update FLINT to 1.05 release
#1701: Martin Albrecht: attempt to clean up currRing if deallocated
#1702: Martin Albrecht: fix memleak in fplll.pyx
#1703: Michael Abshoff: memleak in Singular: one mpz is leaked in
       longrat.cc