Michael,

Sage-2.10.alpha0 builds from source (using gcc-4.2.2)
fine for me on

  x86-Linux (pentium4-fc6)
  x86_64-Linux (opteron-fc6)

but fails on ia64-Linux (RH Linux) in flint-1.05 with

Testing _fmpz_poly_mul_karatsuba()... ok
Testing _fmpz_poly_mul_karatsuba_trunc()... ok
Testing _fmpz_poly_mul_karatsuba_trunc_left()... ok
Testing _fmpz_poly_mul_KS()... GNU MP: Cannot reallocate memory
(old_size=8 new_size=4294959128)
./spkg-check: line 51: 11240 Aborted                 (core dumped) ./
fmpz_poly-test

Kate