On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 3:45 PM Kazuyoshi Furutaka
<furutaka.kazuyo...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> First of all, I'd like to let you know that on Fedora-34 (x86_64), the simple
> build (configured with --prefix only) of prestine gcc-10.3.0 fails without
> the static version of libstdc++ library (please read this thread for details).
>
> On Fedora-33 systems, it can build without libstdc++.a; I've tried to
> investigate the reason but couldn't figure out yet.
>
> Then, even on a Fedora-34 (x86_64) system WITH libstdc++.a, the build of Sage
> 9.4.beta3 fails; the build of gcc-10.3.0 failed due to
> "gcc-multilib-multiarch.patch": without it, the build of gcc succeeds.  I'll
> attach the log of the failed gcc build.
> On Fedora,
>   MULTILIB_OSDIRNAMES =  m64=../lib64 m32=../lib mx32=../libx32
> instead of
>   MULTILIB_OSDIRNAMES =  m64=../lib m32=../lib32 mx32=../libx32
>
> Sorry for just a report; I could not yet figure out how to resolve this issue
> (modify the patch).

it is not clear what you are trying to do.

The reasons gcc is included as a package in Sage are mostly
historical; I don't think there are many current use cases for it,
and I think it actually should be removed.
Fortunately there are enough options nowadays to source C/C++/Fortran
compilers elsewhere.
(at most, Sage might need to add some C,C++,Fortran flags)

HTH,
Dima