On Friday, August 6, 2021 at 8:25:08 AM UTC+9 Nils Bruin wrote:

> I am fully aware of why vectors *can* be mutable and that having them
> start out life mutable makes sense (since you cannot really change an
> immutable vector back to mutable)

I didn't know that a fresh new vector is mutable. I have never used this
feature. Why does it make sense that a new vector starts as mutable? Why a
mutable vector is necessary?

In general, I am for that every output in Sage should be hashable and hence
immutable by default, with exceptions explicitly declared as such.