On Thursday, 5 August 2021 at 21:01:28 UTC-7 Kwankyu Lee wrote:

> I looked into some. They use vectors like lists or mutable matrices.

Yes, I expect that this will happen more with code in the future. People
who have exposure to numpy et.al. tend to write code that way. I suspect
that in many scenarios in sage, there's no benefit over working with a list
except for some rare cases where one ALSO needs actual vector arithmetic.
But I'd expect the ship has sailed on this: there is too much code out
there already that uses sage vectors as arrays to make it practical to
change that default. So how bad would it be to potentially double the
number of vector spaces in existence by giving them an extra parameter
determining whether fresh vectors (such as those resulting from vector
arithmetic) should be mutable or not.