I'm presently unable to get the jupyter kernel to start with Sage 9.5.rc0 ,
so I will respond more directly when that is fixed. However, with 9.5.beta9
when I opened "Sage Documentation" there was not only links to html
documentation but beside each link there was a PDF icon to get pdf
documentation. When that PDF icon was "clicked" I received the terminal
error in my first post. I'm rebuilding 9.5.rc0 to see if the jupyter kernel
issue is resolved.