Le samedi 25 juin 2022 à 17:31:10 UTC+2, wst...@gmail.com a écrit :

> > There is some issue in the latex display of manifold maps:
> > ParseError: KaTeX parse error: Undefined control sequence: \mbox at
> position 96: …thbb{E}^{2} \\ \̲m̲b̲o̲x̲{on}\ A : & \ph…
>
> Thanks -- I've created this issue in case you're curious about the
> situation:
>
> https://github.com/sagemathinc/cocalc/issues/6019
>
> In particular, I think it would be better if the latex representation
> output by sage manifolds used "\text{on}" instead of "\mbox{on}";
> however, I'll add a workaround in CoCalc so that isn't necessary.

IIRC, I used \mbox instead of \text because \mbox is plain LaTeX, while
\text requires the package amstext, so I naively thought that \mbox was
more robust. The katex example shows that it is rather the converse. So
yes, we may change \mbox to \text. Note that \mbox is quite heavily used in
all Sage: running
grep -r '\\mbox'
from src/sage returns 206 lines, among which 34 in src/sage/manifolds.

Eric.