On Wednesday, July 13, 2022 at 12:13:28 PM UTC+9 John H Palmieri wrote:

> I am "no" to having a Sage policy dictating blank lines, and I am also
> "no" to having a policy dictating no blank lines.

We do have conventions in the developer manual by which sage developers are
"dictated". Specifically the blank line convention is suggested by Examples
in the developer manual:

https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/developer/coding_basics.html#headings-of-sage-library-code-files

So perhaps Travis wants to revise the Examples if we reach to a consensus.