On Tuesday, 27 September 2022 at 11:11:00 UTC-6 dim...@gmail.com wrote:

> Basically, we should deprecate and remove tmp_dir() and tmp_filename()
> from Sage.
> Does Sagecell use them? It should not, Python3 has perfectly good
> replacements...

The problems that surfaces so far that I believe these tools may not
address on their own:
1) tmp directory is used for "too long" i.e. while Sage process is
running,  which may be a problem if it gets automatically cleaned
2) tmp stuff is deleted "too fast" e.g. as soon as it was generated, while
some interfaces may rely on access to generated content a bit after Sage is
done with it, e.g. to show plots in a browser
3) default location may not work with our interfaces as well