On Fri, 3 Feb 2023 at 13:57, Georgi Guninski <ggunin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One of the reasons I asked this is to get correct closed form
> for stuff like sum/int 2^2^floor(x).
> Judging by the discussions, this won't work.

The integration part of that is easy and sage can do it for a single
integer interval:

  >>> a = var('a')
  >>> assume(a, 'integer')
  >>> integrate(2^2^floor(x), (x, a, a+1))
  2^(2^a)

Now you just need the summation of that over the range of integer
intervals you are interested in but Sage's sum can't do anything with
that and I'm not sure if anything else can either.

--
Oscar