FWIW, here is what I receive "as is".
You will notice that it is not a problem about HTML formatting.
Guillermo

*** BEGIN ***
Sender: sage-devel@googlegroups.com
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2023 16:31:38 -0800 (PST)
From: Nils Bruin <nbr...@sfu.ca>
To: sage-devel <sage-devel@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [sage-devel] Re: Colours
 <https://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/subscribe>

------=_Part_5076_2109657552.1675470698405

------=_Part_5077_26055156.1675470698405

On Friday, 3 February 2023 at 03:44:55 UTC-8 dim...@gmail.com wrote:

I think this happens if you use Google's interface to Groups, rather
than an email client.

Nope , google groups interface formats quoted text with a line to the left
(as above). No colour introduced either. Perhaps there are some settings
that change how quoted text is configured, but there's definitely a setting
(and I would think the default) that typesets it as in this message.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/f901280a-7143-40fd-97e0-34e8b23618f0n%40googlegroups.com
.

------=_Part_5077_26055156.1675470698405

On Friday, 3 February 2023 at 03:44:55 UTC-8 dim...@gmail.com wrote:<div><s=
pan><br />I think this happens if you use Google's interface to Groups, rat=
her
uoted text with a line to the left (as above). No colour introduced either.=
 Perhaps there are some settings that change how quoted text is configured,=
 but there's definitely a setting (and I would think the default) that type=

-- <br />
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &=
quot;sage-devel&quot; group.<br />
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e=
mail to <a href=3D"mailto:sage-devel+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com";>sage-dev=
el+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com</a>.<br />
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href=3D"https://groups.google.c=
om/d/msgid/sage-devel/f901280a-7143-40fd-97e0-34e8b23618f0n%40googlegroups.=
com?utm_medium=3Demail&utm_source=3Dfooter">https://groups.google.com/d/msg=
id/sage-devel/f901280a-7143-40fd-97e0-34e8b23618f0n%40googlegroups.com</a>.=

------=_Part_5077_26055156.1675470698405--

------=_Part_5076_2109657552.1675470698405--