On Tue, 7 Feb 2023, 11:33 'Martin R' via sage-devel, <
sage-devel@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Has there been already a decision how we incorporate the real name
> "Author" and "Reviewer" fields?
>
> I think that this is rather important, because not making a decision will
> probably also be a decision - there are already several new pull requests.
>
> Personally, I am very much for continuing the tradition of real names, but
> it is not clear to me whether there is a mapping between user name and real
> name on github anyway, which would make this information redundant.  Is the
> "Name" in a github account optional?

yes, names are optional on GitHub, so we will need some kind of mapping to
keep.

We can also get names of authors and reviewers in the PR description
enforced by a bot.
We can also require this info to be put in a special textfile to be
collected at merging time and put into a changelog file.
(amending changelog directly is prone to conflicts).