On Wed, Feb 8, 2023 at 10:18 AM 'Martin R' via sage-devel
<sage-devel@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> (and I am, but I am not willing to invest time into my orcid, unless
> convinced otherwise)

IIRC, anyone can get an ORCID, it's not for academics only.

I have two uses for my own ORCID:

1)  easier to handle reviewer requests, as they for many journals they
can be issued with ORCID,
which acts as an SSO (Single Sign On)

2) A place to link my publications.