On Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 1:46:41 PM UTC-7 Dima Pasechnik wrote:

we can barely keep up with security updates for e.g. openssl. It
took Thierry to provide a patch today, and me converting it into a PR,
else we probably would be still shipping openssl version with severe
CVEs.

You know as well as I do that
-  this update is done with the single command "./sage -package update
openssl 3.0.5 --commit".
- openssl is not used in any security-relevant way in Sage. (I will not
discuss this further.)